Saturday, June 16, 2007

Where to go when it comes to currency exchange

Today, I went to Hasan's Global Money Exchange which he claims everyone in Ngee Ann Polytechnic knows about his family's shop to exchange for Hong Kong Dollar and a last minute RM for Shi Ting (my mei's best friend).

It was raining at that time and I was so lucky that when I reached the DBS bank in Peninsula Plaza, all of the 3 ATMs are down, yes, it was not 1 or 2, it was ALL 3 of THEM were showing blank screen on those small LCD monitors. What a luck I was having. So I had to run to the Fu Nan the IT Mall to withdraw out the Singapore dollar.

After going through the rain and crowded IT mall, I thought I could finally get down to money exchanging business. However, Hasan's don't know what relative or friend could only give me 1000 dollar note instead of the 500 ones i requested from him early in the morning. He told me that there were 3 banks issued 1000 dollar note in Hong Kong, Standard Charted Bank, HSBC and Hong Kong Shanghai Bank. The ones that people refuse to accept are from HSBC and Hong Kong Shanghai Bank, so the Standard Charted ones which he gave me are the ones that can be used. I was like ... hmm ... really or not, but since they offered such a good rate, so i just accepted them. However, I called Hasan again and complained to him, to my surprise, Hasan is indeed a good businessman as he immediately called back his brother and asked him to get the 1000 dollar note to change to small ones. I was so touched and feel a bit Pai Sei. Just became a Singaporean not long ago and started to complain like one already. haHaHaha

Anyway, Hasan's shop did give a very good rate. I am doing a free advertisment for him HahahHaahaHaaAHahAhaHAHaHa !!! AHAHAHahAaAhaha !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how much is the rate offered by Hassan for SGD to HK currency?

Anonymous said...

Good words.